Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Happy New Year!

I am back home from my Wonderful vacation.  It was a bit tough to go from this:


To this:

80 degrees to 26 below.  Wah, I didn't want to come home.  I kept brainstorming for a business to start while I was there but couldn't come up with anything that would really work.  haha

A few highlights of my vacation.  Don't want to bore you with everything we did.


Road to Hana, stunning but it may have been the most terrifying day of my life.  52 miles and not one straight stretch.    Ugh.

We went paddle boarding, super fun!!!

Zip lining!!  Yes!!!

Lots of beach and pool time.
I looked and looked for a yarn shop but all the ones that were listed on the internet were closed.  Quilting is BIG over there.  I now want to make a quilt in the Hawaiian style.  It sounds like a lot of work so I think I might start with a pillow!!
I finished two more monsters before I left and got the blue one sent off to my nephew along with the others I had made.  They loved them.  The pink one went to my trainer.


My sewing machine went to the "spa" while we were gone and I set it back up today and sewed a Farmer's Wife block. Wow!!  It sews so smoothly now.  It didn't need any repairs but it sure liked the pampering!!!!  I plan on using it a lot these next few weeks.
Back soon with some Farmer's Wife blocks.

Happy Crafting!!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness!!! Those pictures are gorgeous!!!! Even the one of all the snow! Although 26 below...eeeeps!!! That sure is cold :( I'm so happy you had a great time! Your monsters are so cute! I can't wait to see more of your fw blocks =D My machine needs to go in soon. I think in March.

    ReplyDelete