Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Farmer's Wife Week 18

You sick of seeing Farmer's Wife blocks yet??

This was a week of a little bit harder blocks.

#35 Flower Basket

I really need to learn how to applique.  I think I would really enjoy it and would do it more often.

And #36  Flower Garden Path

Now this little stinker was hard for me.  I don't know what I was doing wrong but I couldn't get it together without strange seams.  It's not perfect but it is together and that is how it is going to stay!
Looking at it here, it really looks like it should have been easy.


This is as far as I have gotten on the Rose Star block.  It takes quite a bit of time and I even had to make a pattern.  The one that was made over on self sewn is so pretty!!
I've only done this much and now I want to make a Grandmother's Flower Garden quilt.  I either need to grow more hands or learn how to go without sleep.  Or get rid of my craziness!!

Time to work on some sewing.
Happy Crafting!!!

2 comments:

  1. Those blocks do look fiddly, but they turned out great! Go you!!! The Rose Star block is going to be amazing! I like the fabrics you have picked so far for your first one =D Polka dots are my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm looks interesting cant wait to see it finished!
    Clare

    ReplyDelete