Saturday, January 7, 2012

Farmer's Wife Week 16!!

Here I am with some more Farmer's Wife blocks.  I am trying to make one each day and have been successful this week.  Who knows how I will do next week!!

First off is #31 Evening Star


And next is #32 Farmer's Daughter


Crazy how different they look.  I thought that to myself after I finished the second one.  Upon closer inspection, I had sewed the outside parts of the stars on wrong!  No wonder it looked so different.
I was having a very strange day.  I thought I might have been coming down with a cold but that never happened.  I was just soooo tired and that night I sleep 12 hours.  Since then, I have felt fine.  Very weird.  I wonder if it has anything to do with the lack of daylight.

I did buy myself a few little presents when I was in Hawaii.  I popped into a quilt store one day on our way back home from the beach.  It was a little store but they had some cute fabrics.  I wanted to get some "Hawaiian" type fat quarters.


See this????

I have no business pulling fabric for any kind of quilt at all!!!!
Over on self sewn, there is an english paper piecing block-a-long.  I have always wanted to learn to do this.  So...... I went through my stash and picked out some pieces that I thought would be fun.  I need to see if I can find a few more solids in case I need them.  I will probably just make a small table runner or something like that.

I hope it stops snowing soon.  We have had about a foot today and I was lazy and called the snow plow girl so that she can come plow me out.  It is cold and the snow is powdery which means the snow just flies up in a cloud and covers me with snow.  Brrr.

Happy Crafting!!!

3 comments:

  1. enjoy your epp - it's very soothing - especially when you've got snow outside

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you didn't end up getting sick! 12 hours of sleep is good =D I love the fabrics you picked for your english paper piecing block-a-long!! They are so cheery =D And your farmer's wife blocks look incredible! I love the Evening Star!!! p.s. I never would have noticed that you sewed parts of the outside star on wrong =P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh they look lush..you may well want some solid, cos it can be a bit busy looking!
    See you tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete