Saturday, February 4, 2012

FWQ Week 24

Hello!!!!  Happy Saturday!
I have a few more Farmer's Wife Blocks.  Most of these were done before the Great Gracefulness of Tuesday.

#47 Homemaker
This one scared me a bit when I saw it in the book.  I was pleasantly surprised at how easy it was.

#48 Homeward Bound


Of course, with the easy ones I do two!!!

I made my first  Solstice Star block today.  This one is not for me.  I am doing a block swap with some friends and she wanted neutrals.


I haven't decided what colors I want to do my block in yet.  Red and apple green???

Over on the Cherry Heart blog, Sandra is having a "Pretty, Crafty Home" project.  We are trying to make our homes pretty in 2012.
I had this candle holder that I never knew what to do with.  The candles would make a mess and I just never used it.  I had saved the empty candle glass from the Glade candles that I always buy at the store.  So, I put them in there and now just use votive candles.  I also put it in my front window.  I am so much happier with it.  I was just about to donate the candle holder!!!



I'm still not allowed to do much on my leg.  The doctor took the compression wrap off on Friday and wow!, it feels much better.  I didn't wake up with "sausage foot" this morning.  I  can sew for about 30 minutes at a time and then need to ice and elevate the silly thing.  But.... at least I can do a few things.  Most housework is just a no go!

Hope you have a great weekend!
Happy Crafting!!!

3 comments:

  1. Oh, I love the second 'homemaker', very nice fabrics. Glad your leg is at least feeling a little better - keep looking after yourself!

    S x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous blocks!!! I'm glad you are able to sew a little bit!! I love the idea of the "pretty, crafty home" project. I had plans to go through our whole house room by room and make little things so it would look pretty!!!! Keep resting!!!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful blocks!

    Hey, I also wanted to let you know I gave you a "Versatile Blogger Award" on my blog today! entropyundone.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete