Thursday, July 21, 2011

What have I been doing?? No clue.

Do you ever have days or weeks that go by and you wonder what you have done?  That is me right now.  What have I been doing??
Yesterday it was beautifully sunny out and I noticed that my windows needed to be washed.  The reason they get so messy is because someone in our house thinks the best time to look outside for monsters is right after they have had a drink of water.  Meet Scruffy.  The Nosey Dog.
Scruffy likes to make a mess on my windows.
                                                                    Who me?????
Right now he is giving me the "It is 5:00" look. Dinner time for him.

I suppose I have been using my free time working on my Tour de Fleece spinning.
I spun and plied up both of these.  They are worsted weight and the yardage is about 200.  My goal is to some day be able to spin up sock weight because that is what I enjoy knitting with the most.
I started spinning up this fiber yesterday.  It is Ginny in a silk/merino from Sunshine Yarns.  The colors are very soft and I think it will be pretty when it is done.  The single has a bit of a halo to it.  Not sure if that is how it is supposed to be or that I am spinning the silk wrong.
I have done no sewing at all lately.   I need to get caught up on my Farmer's Wife Blocks and get a quilt top to the quilters.
Happy Crafting!!!  Time for me to feed the dog and the rest of the family.

1 comment: