Friday, July 8, 2011

Thrifting Thursday and FWQAL

Today I went to one of my local thrift shops to look around.  I was on the look out for those blue canning jars (which I have never found !) or Fiestaware.  Today I happened to look at their linens and there were quite a few vintage? pillow cases.  I picked out my favorites and spent a whole $4.50.  I think it will be fun to make a quilt out of these.

Sorry, that the picture looks so dark.  It was cloudy today.

I also finished the second week (for me) of the Farmer's Wife Quilt-along.  I am trying to get caught up to everyone else.  I did block #3, Basket and block #4, Basket Weave.
This is the very first applique that I have ever done.  Starting off it doesn't look so great but I got better as I went along and... I loved it!!!  I really want to try more.
Here are all four blocks together.  I am really loving this fabric line from Fig Tree Quilts.
Looks like my next project should be to paint my deck!  We had some volcanic ash and it helped the paint to come off quicker.  And last summer it rained everyday and I was unable to work on it.
Happy Crafting!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment