Friday, July 13, 2012

Camp Loopy 2

Well, posting from my phone just didn't work.  I downloaded a few more apps and they SAID that they had posted but I sure don't see them!  So, they must be out in cyberspace somewhere.  Freaky!!

I've been trying to get a few rows done each day on my project for Camp Loopy.
I had planned on making Caprio with this pretty yarn,


but.... I got almost through a pattern repeat and made a mistake that I couldn't fix.  And of course, I hadn't restrung my lifeline since the beginning of the repeat.  Rippppp!  I was worried about trying that pattern in such a limited time anyways.  I am not a good lace knitter.
I changed patterns and now I am doing a ton of garter stitch.  I had to use the same yarn so I chose Basalt.  I think it might even be a better pattern for what I am trying to do.  I wanted to do an ombre' look from the darkest blue to the gray.  I just finished the gray and am working on the lightest blue again.  This is going to be a Big scarf.  My oldest daughter keeps eyeing it and says how much she thinks she will wear it this winter.  I will share, I suppose.  :)
Then it gets an i-cord edging.  I have two colors to chose from, a neon pink and a tomato red.  I just can't decide!!!

We have been having the most miserable weather lately.  I tried to get a picture of the scarf in progress but it is just too nasty out.  I will try again!!!!

Happy Crafting!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to see a picture! I am also with you on the pink or red, can't decide. I'd have to see it. I'm sure you will make the appropriate and tasteful choice!

    ReplyDelete