Monday, November 21, 2011

Thankful Monday

Today I am thankful for my family and friends who love me even though I am a bit goofy.  Ok, ok, a lot goofy.  At least things are never dull when I am around.

I finished my cheese that I made last week.  After it pressed all night I had to brine it.  Just some distilled water and salt.
This was done at 6:00 in the morning so no natural light!!

The cheese had to set for a few days to dry and get a bit of a rind.  Then I got to do the most fun thing ever!!!  Red wax!!!!  (I have this thing for red wax whenever I see it in the brewing store)
melting.... melting..

dipping...dipping!!  I don't know if there is a way this is supposed to be done.  I just dipped it.
We kept some to eat now and here are the rest ready to be stored and eaten by February.
I also finished the hat for the trainer at my gym.  She cried.  awwww.  She kept rubbing it up against her cheek saying how soft it was, and that red is her favorite color.  I didn't know that!
And now it is off to a volleyball banquet.  Hopefully it won't be a long one and I can get in a bit of knitting when I get home.
Happy Crafting!!

2 comments:

  1. in awe of your amazing home made cheese, red wax too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cheese looks awesome! So cute in the red wax!!! You did an awesome job!

    Oh my gosh...did you start crying when she started crying? I know I would have! And you picked her favorite color =D You couldn't have made a more perfect gift!!!

    p.s. the decreases look great!

    ReplyDelete