Saturday, November 12, 2011

Snowy Saturday

We had a bit of a snow storm last night and I had to snow blow the driveway. By the time I was done I was covered in snow!  I did help the neighbor girl plow hers also because her parents are on vacation and they don't have a snow blower.  Yes, I was wearing bright, red sweat pants!!
Yesterday I worked for a bit on my skirt for the sew-a-long over on the noodlehead blog.
Next up is gathering the top and attaching the waistband.  I'm enjoying making clothing.  I haven't sewn clothing for years except to alter prom and homecoming dresses.

This is the view from my sewing machine.  Nosy me can look at the neighbors or in the summer I can look out at our lawn.
I was trying to not be creepy and take a picture of the neighbor's house.  It is for sale if anyone is looking!

Yesterday I started a hat for one of the trainers at my gym.  She has cancer and just lost her hair a bit ago.  I don't know this lady very well, but she comes to work everyday with a smile on her face and works with her clients.  She is even still teaching classes!!!  If I feel lazy and don't want to go to the gym, I think of her and how somedays she must feel awful but she is still there and smiling!!
I bought some Bebe yarn and am using this pattern: Edna Rose.  I hope she likes it.   It is knitting up quickly.  I rarely use acrylic yarn but this is nice and soft.

Hope you all have a great weekend with plenty of time for working on your projects.
Happy Crafting!!!

2 comments:

  1. Look at all that snow!! Your skirt looks perfect!!! Your really making me want to buy that pattern and try the sew along!!! I've come across some nice acrylic yarn too...really soft stuff. I'm sure she will love it =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. The view from your window...beautiful. I think it's really touching that you are knitting a hat for your trainer!

    ReplyDelete