Thursday, April 12, 2012

Mostly Food

For Easter we went over to a friend's house.  Of course, I just had to make a few things!  That is the fun part.

First, I got my rolls started.  These were a big hit!


And I saw these little guys on Pinterest and had to try.  I don't know how the other people got theirs to stay up cause mine kept falling over!

Press and seal and an egg carton to the rescue!!

Dark Rum Brownies and Mini Pecan Tarts.  I could eat all those Tarts by myself!!

A quickie update on my Color Affection Shawl.  The Summer Punch color did not show up enough for my liking.  You can kind of see the little bit of pink in the orange, but it didn't show up like a stripe, so I switched to the darker Sweet Pea.  It shows up much better.  Now I have to decide on the ending color, again!!!!!

My daughter's soccer game was cancelled for today.  Still too much snow.  I am glad though, because the game was 3 hours away and they wouldn't have made it home til 12:30 or so.  Since Prom is Saturday, she and her teammates would have had to be to first hour on Friday.  Yuck!!  And I have to be at work at 4:30am.

I have some rare moments of home alone time so I am working on another Swoon block.  I am more than half-way done!!
Happy Crafting!!!!

2 comments:

  1. The food you made looks delicious!!! You are making me so hungry!!! Love the little eggs...how cute =D
    Your shawl is looking great so far!! Everyone I know that is making one is having a hard time picking out colors =P Maybe it is better to pick as you go =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to tell you how much your Swoon blocks have inspired me. I purchased the pattern with great excitement and full intentions to make it, but I couldn't decide what fabric to use. I've been watching the Swoon blocks on Flickr and none of them spoke to me. Then I found your blog and saw your Swoon blocks and realized that I want to make bright colors, as you did. When I saw the Lark fabric line by Patty Young, I realized that it was PERFECT for Swoon. It will be vibrant and color coordinated and gorgeous. Thanks so much for the inspiration! I can't wait to see yours completed (maybe you're thinking the same thing?)

    ReplyDelete