Monday, May 28, 2012

A Spring View from my Sewing Room Window

This is the view I see today.  It was very sunny this morning but those pesky clouds are coming back again!
Things are starting to green up a bit.  You can just barely see my broken fence that we got from a crazy windstorm that knocked one of our neighbors trees across the road.

While I was in Anchorage for my daughter's State Soccer Tournament (they placed Third, by the way.  Best that a school from our region has ever done.), I sewed a little on my Grandmother's Flower Garden blocks.

I saw one in a quilt shop this weekend and they had not used batting in it.  Is that common for this type of quilt?  Not that I am going to be finishing it anytime soon.

My Camp Loopy swatch was spot on!!!   My plan is to cast on later this afternoon.  Yah!!!

Happy Memorial Day and Happy Crafting!!

3 comments:

  1. I think it is normal not to have batting in this type of quilt. That is what I have seen. Love the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look no snow!!! I love your Grandmother's Flower Garden blocks!!! The colors are perfect and all polka dots YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete