Monday, December 5, 2011

Serendipity

I had plans today, big plans.  I was going to photograph my quilt.  I was going to spend the afternoon sewing.  Hmmm, didn't happen.  The power decided to go out so I sat on the couch and knitted for a while.  It was not bright but there was enough light to see.  Hopefully tomorrow I will be able to get those things done.  The power has gone out three times in the last three days.  Yes, we had some terrible weather but I didn't really think it was that bad!!!

When my middle daughter came home for Thanksgiving, she brought an ear warmer that she borrowed from a friend to show me.  "Mommy, can you make me one of these?  In black?"

I used the Serendipity Ear Band pattern.  I actually knitted it twice because the first one was a bit too small and picking out the alpaca was just not happening!!  I will save the other one for a present for someone who has a smaller head.



I'm surprised that the picture actually came out.  This daughter was giggling so hard.  I think it was because she had blow dried her hair and it was super frizzy.  Any of you out there with curly hair will know what I am talking about.  She was going to use the straightener on it.  I got it mailed off on Saturday so hopefully she will get it soon.

Now I have to finish up the little things that didn't get done today.  It is amazing to me how life pretty much shuts down when there is no power.
Then I plan on knitting on Monsters!!!!
Happy Crafting!!!

3 comments:

  1. i remember when the power went out on the east coast, so my 14 y.o. and I walked to the lake and went fishing. carpe diem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the headband! I hope your power stays on today and the weather is a little nicer =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a fabulous headband, just what my 15 year old wants!

    ReplyDelete