Monday, August 8, 2011

FWQAL Week Seven

Hello!!  It feels like time is flying.  Does school really start in a little over two weeks?  I can hardly believe it!  Our weather is really starting to feel like fall too.
The baby had her 16th birthday on Friday.  Her driver's test appointment was at 9 am and in less than 15 minutes she was a licensed driver.  She got a perfect score on her driving test.  She was headed to work in this picture.  She has been driving herself to work and volleyball tryouts.  Feels really strange to me.  She had her three best friends over that night and they played board games and generally goofed around.
She and one of the girls had spend hours making these party hats.  I loved that they were all such good sports and thought the hats were great fun!

Block 13 Buckwheat
Some of the seams aren't perfect but I am okay with that.

Block 14  Butterfly at the Crossroads
Not perfect either!!!  I used Fig Tree's new Butterscotch and Roses fabric.  I ordered a layer cake from The Sewing Shack from etsy.  Since all of the Fig Tree fabrics have the same tone, I think they will look okay together.

I have been spending all my free time trying to get this pair of socks done!!  It is Taglioni by Jeannie Cartmel.  I don't like to knit wrap and turn heels so I changed it and put in my own heel.  I have to have this pair done by August 15th for Camp Loopy.  I see many days of knitting myself silly.  The yarn is Three Irish Girls in Strawberry Fields.  Great yarn and I love this color. They will be cosy to wear this winter.

Time to get some more knitting done.  I started the second sock last night.

Happy Crafting!!


No comments:

Post a Comment